[Nml-wg] More UML....

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Mon Jun 23 10:30:21 CDT 2008

Today, we had a fruitful interim meeting in Berlin, discussing the NML
schema.

We progressed quite a bit further, mostly deciding on named, adding
adaptation and cross connects.

Here is a quick list on tasks, content outline of deliverable 2 and
items which are still open for discussion. Jeroen will shortly mail an
updated version of his schema.

Tasks
-----
We will use a subversion repository with docbook. Martin re-re-request
the status of this request.

Base namespace is http://ogf.org/schema/network/base/20080802/ or
http://ogf.org/schema/network/topology/base/20080802/
We use http: instead of urn:ogf.org: since the URL could contain more
information about the schema

Deliverable 2
-------------
Contents
- Overview/Introduction
- Schema Picture
- Element Descriptions
- Relation to NM-WG schema

Extensions of current schema
----------------------------
network elements:
- cross connects
- broadcast segments  (subnet, multicast network, unidirectional link,
bidirectional link)
- adaptations

grouping:
- topology: unordered set of nodes (and edges interfaces? or is that
derived)
- path: ordered set of edges? But how to describe a multilayer path?
implicit?
- domain: unordered set of nodes, interfaces, links. type?

Capability/time-information

Regards,
Freek