[Nml-wg] Examples

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Wed Mar 13 13:45:23 EDT 2013

W dniu 2013-03-13 13:28, Freek Dijkstra pisze:
> On 13-03-2013 13:06, Jeroen van der Ham wrote:
>
>> Richard suggested that we make a diagram of the complete examples. I've
>> just done that (and found some errors through that). It's not completely
>> cleaned up yet, but it should give a pretty good impression of what we
>> currently have in the examples.
>>
>> Would it be useful to also include this in the doc?
> I love it!
>
> Just looking at for a couple of seconds makes things clear for a user,
> and even for me, it brings up some questions, which I usually think is
> good. I'm pretty sure sure the reasons came forward because I now have a
> deeper understanding of the examples. And that just by staring at a
> picture for 10 seconds!
>
> N.B. The questions are:
> • Is the topology simple called "org"
> • Is the Node not part of the Topology?
> • So LinkA:XY runs from Port X to Port Y, and both Ports are both in Node A?
> • To make it even more odd: There is also a linkB:YZ that is in series
> just after LinkA:XY. So does that mean that LinkB:YZ is going through
> Node A (and is thus perhaps provided by NodeA:SwitchingSerivce?
> • What's this domainy_domainx, and why is it standing alone, not related
> to any Port?
> • Do the Ports and Links actually have an encoding? Should they?

Example snippets show how to use the structures defined in the schema.
They are separate although naming is reused. We had complete examples
but we decided to remove it because they were too big for the doc.

I don't see the problem to again define a simple topology and split into
example snippets. But we have to be careful to keep it simple.

Roman