[Nml-wg] References

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Fri Oct 5 15:48:32 EDT 2012

On 05-10-2012 12:12, Roman Łapacz wrote:

> Correct me if I'm wrong but I think that the references issue could be
> the last major one to solve and announce the first stable official
> version of NML. Other issues could be discussed afterwards and belong to
> the next version (I remember that October has been a deadline).

Yes, isReference is the only major issue. Unnamed NML objects also needs
text, but the issues are clear there.

If there is no clear use case and proposal after this OGF, I will be
forced to move this 'isReference' and 'idRef' to experimental status,
where it will be published in a separate document.

At a first read, I very much value Aaron's proposal, so I have good
hopes this still can be part of the base document.

Am I correct that there are now two proposals?

Jeroen's proposal: "If there are 2 network elements with the same id
attribute in a given document, the union of the two elements should be
considered the canonical definition of the element"

Aaron's Rule 1: If there are 2 network elements with the same id
attribute in a given document, the behavior is undefined.

Regards,