[Nml-wg] Ordered lists (was: Teleconference Jan 12th)

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Thu Jan 12 10:29:30 EST 2012

Jeroen van der Ham wrote:

> - Freek will write up an example of overlapping ordered Groups to expose potential problems, also with regard to idRef XML notation.

Attached is an example. I don't see big issues right away for this XML
syntax. I think it is parseable, and is possible to find the correct
order of the two lists, even if one of the items in the list occurs in
both lists.

I do see some issues when this is to be translated to RDF/OWL (for the
record: I think that would require the introduction of some intermediate
OWL resource objects to ensure that things point to the correct NML
resource, perhaps both a "Ordered List" and a "Item" object are needed).
However, I have not covered that. For now only XML is on the table. Is
this syntax acceptable and clear? And above all, does it represent the
consensus we build last year (I could not find an example with "next" in
the nml-examples repository, and based this on the Salt Lake City
consensus).

Regards,