[Nml-wg] Example topology of Automated GOLE

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Thu Feb 16 08:41:28 EST 2012

W dniu 2012-02-16 14:27, Freek Dijkstra pisze:
> Hi Roman,
>
> Sorry, I saw your new file after I send my email (insert rant about
> gray-listing here).
>
> It seems that NSI uses a different topology concept than NML, using the
> (NDL-based?) connectedTo. This is different from what we have in the
> examples (relating either links with port using "source" and "sink", or
> as I proposed, directly connecting two links with "serialcompound"
> relation). Perhaps it is good to discuss this in today's call.
>
> Nevertheless, it seems that the concepts are sufficiently equivalent to
> merge the NSI and NML topology concept.

My thinking is that NML would be more interesting and useful for users
(in this case NSI) if we don't impose too many resrtictions. As I wrote
NML could offer a set of elements, basic relations and minimal set of
rules how to use them (we may have suggestion and examples of usage). It
would be up to users and their use cases which elements and combination
of them are used. Of course there's a risk of going too far with such
open approach but ... what the hell, users are always right :)

Roman