[Nml-wg] id and name in Location

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Thu Aug 16 09:10:26 EDT 2012

On 16-08-2012 15:03, Jason Zurawski wrote:

> ... [Location] can have id/name, but I don't predict reuse on a grand scale.

I suspect that in practice all PoPs get one Location object, and since
it is common to have multiple devices at a PoP, the same Location id is
slapped to all these device. There is the use case of Location id/idRef.
I don't think that the same Location objects will be shared between
network operators for different networks.

And I don't think altitude will be used, except to make fun of our
standard ;). IMHO all attributes are optional.