[Nml-wg] Possibility of changes (was Re: Interface vs Port)

Roman Łapacz romradz at man.poznan.pl
Thu Sep 1 07:59:41 CDT 2011

W dniu 2011-08-30 17:58, Jason Zurawski pisze:
> Regarding plugfest, your statement surprises me.  This is an opportunity
> to show the work being produced by the NML working group as an
> interoperable and legitimate way to describe network topology.  Using
> something different, with no real ties to the working group, means that
> what is being produced really is "demo" code that will need to be
> 'changed' when the final standard is produced.  This seems like a bit
> mistake, and a loss for the WG in my opinion.

One comment based on my experience from the work on circuit monitoring:
it would have been easier and faster to use already existing and stable
perfsonar NM schema (with possible small extensions) for topology
description but it was decided to switch to NML. It wasn't smooth as
required a lot of discussions but the final result is good so I'm happy
we did this way. I would suggest the same approach for the NSI topology
stuff.

Cheers,
Roman