[Nml-wg] Interface vs Port

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Fri Aug 26 07:53:45 CDT 2011

Hi Jeroen,

Good to see some usage feedback. I'd be interested in the schemata you
are using.

> Would it be possible that NML also changes the Port object to
> Interface, so as to sync up with the schemas that are already in use
> in GENI, Geysers and NOVI?

I have no personal preference.

> They think that a Port object would describe something like a TCP/UDP
> port, instead of a whole network interface.

Just a minor remark: a Port in NML does not describe a whole network
interface, but a logical network interface (which can either be a
wavelength, an Ethernet port, but even a TCP/UDP port). I can imagine
the confusion though.