[Nml-wg] Schema changes

John Vollbrecht jrv at internet2.edu
Wed Jun 3 08:59:07 CDT 2009

Could you describe the different views of service and adaptation?  I
also thought we had lively conversation but hoped that we would come
out with consensus  in the long run.  Since the meeting I have
attempted to lay out some use cases that are of interest to NSI at
least, and almost all of them have adaptation as part of the case.
This has changed my thinking some, in that it seems to me now
adaptations are part of network topology, not just services.  In
particular, just as nodes and network groups might have ports, they
might also have adaptations.

The peculiar thing about adaptations as opposed to other services (it
seems to me) is that they are required to stitch together a connection
consisting of segments from different services.

My preference for this would be to try to work it out before dropping
it.  It seems important to have it - at least adaptations - for
defining network topology that can be used to create ete circuits.

John