[Nml-wg] Can NML schema support NSI path routing concept?

Guy Roberts Guy.Roberts at dante.net
Thu Dec 17 04:35:46 CST 2009

Hi Jeroen,

In today's NSI conference call a question came up about how ports are represented in the NML schema.  Essentially we are looking for formal conformation  that our NSI's routing object concept will map to the NML schema as it currently stands.

In the NSI model, ports are associated with a group of both links and nodes.  In NSI  a transport connection is between two ports.  Ports are used in the routing object (path in NSI terminology).  What we need to confirm is that the NML schema allows relating  a port to both a node and a link .  i.e can there be a port on a link and a port on a node and have these ports connected.    If we have this information I believe it will be sufficient to describe a connection as going between two ports on a group, and a path as a directed list of ports.

I hope this question makes sense to you - skype me if you need any clarification.

Regards,
Guy

Guy  Roberts,  Ph.D

Network Engineering & Planning