[Nml-wg] Input from NSI-WG

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Fri Oct 3 13:29:27 CDT 2008

Today was an interim meeting from the network service interface
workgroup (NSI-WG) in Seattle:

The NSI-WG likes to be able to both describe the network itself, as well
as the usage of the network. Thus, both describe the topology as well as
a configured (or reserved) end-to-end path.

I think this is obvious, but this request was explicit, so I repeat it here.

I presume (but haven't discussed that yet) that also means that they
want us to come up with names (path, circuit, network connection, or
lightpath) and more advanced properties or distinctions (is a path
unidirectional or bidirectional, what about multicast, or protected
paths, etc.)

I did tell them it's all a subclass of a group, though :-)

Regards,