[Nml-wg] Our schema: contribute to Wiki!

Ralph Niederberger r.niederberger at fz-juelich.de
Thu Mar 13 10:25:06 CDT 2008

dear all,

what I would suggest is to dicuss on the mailing list and to have the
actual configurations /
schema etc. on the wiki.

So sometimes the mailing list reduces to:

"I have put a new/updated verson on the wiki".

This allows for peripheral interested people to look into the wiki only
if major changes have
been made.

regards

Ralph

Paola Grosso schrieb:
> Aaron Brown wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure the best way to go about this. The benefit of a mailing
>> list is that everyone sees what's going on (especially those with more
>> peripheral interest) and it's immediately obvious when new information
>> appears.
>>

> Actually I have one more thing.
>
> At the end in every WG there will be core contributors. I am encouraging
> those to make their ideas a little bit more structured and finalized by
> using the Wiki. So that we have achieved something (some consensus) by
> next face-to-face meeting.
>
> For people with peripheral interests, if the concern is to make sure
> they kept updated it is very simple to send out a digest of the latest
> Wiki content once every so even and get comments that way.
>
> Regards, Paola

 Ralph Niederberger
 Juelich Supercomputing Centre
 Institute for Advanced Simulation

 Phone:  +49 2461 61-4772
 Fax:    +49 2461 61-6656
 E-Mail: r.niederberger at fz-juelich.de
 WWW:    http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc/

 JSC is the coordinator of the
 John von Neumann Institute for Computing
 and member of the
 Gauss Centre for Supercomputing

 Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
 52425 Jülich

 Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
 Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
 Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender),
 Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv. Vorsitzender), Prof. Dr. Harald Bolt,
 Dr. Sebastian M. Schmidt