[Nml-wg] XML versus RDF

Freek Dijkstra fdijkstr at science.uva.nl
Tue Feb 27 09:10:44 CST 2007

Hello,

One of the topics that have come up in private conversations is our
motivation to pick RDF as the syntax to describe networks in NDL [1].

So we created a document stating the differences (and similarities)
between XML and RDF, and which strengths made us use RDF. I would
appreciate some feedback on our thoughts.

Since adding a document to gridforge was not as trivial as I expected, I
simply attach the document to this e-mail.

[1] http://www.science.uva.nl/research/sne/ndl/

Regards,
Freek Dijkstra

PS: I appreciate some help on how to upload this file to the SourceForge
page. There is even a help file on the process. Surely, it can't be that
hard.
1. Click Documents.
OK, there is s Documents tab of one of the NML-WG pages. No sweat.
2. Navigate to the folder in which you want to create the document.
Hmm, can't I create a new folder. Oh, well. The "meetings" folder is
probably the best pick.
3. Create document
Ehhhh....
OK, surely I must login in first, what was my username and password
again. Oh, uesrname is case-sensitive. Hrmpf. OK, now let's see if that
gets me a "Create document" button. Oh. It does not.
OK, add myself to the project. Request permission.
Wow, someone is awake, I'm added within 5 minutes. Thanks, stranger!
So, let's add that document now. Still nothing. Other folder. Uh oh.
Perhaps e-mail isn't so bad after all...