[Nmc-wg] [ogf nmc-base svn commit] r16 - /

Freek Dijkstra Freek.Dijkstra at sara.nl
Mon Mar 15 04:20:37 CDT 2010

Freek **finally** committed:

> - Improved figure 2, it tries to convey the concept that a node can
> be both a client and a server. It now explicitly shows both
> exchanges.

Forgot to mention, I changed the name beneath the picture to the role.
Please compare the figure 2 in previous version and this one. To me this
is more clear, but please check (maybe this is just my weird brain).

> - removed SHOULD/MUST requirements that refer to this document
> itself. (e.g. "This document MUST define ...."). I found this
> confusing to read: DOES the document define this, or SHOULD it do so,
> but does not (yet) do so?

What is not clear to me if this section tries to only define how *this*
document must look look, or if it also defines how derivate document
must look like.

In the first case, I like to change this text to describe how this
document looks like rather then how it SHOULD look like.
In the second case, I wonder if this should be in a protocol definition
document (like this), since it is more of a procedural requirement.

I will commit my changes to section 4 in a not-so-distance future
(perhaps even sometime before the sun collapses...)

Regards,
Freek