[Nmc-wg] Base doc

Jason Zurawski zurawski at internet2.edu
Wed Jan 13 06:41:06 CST 2010

Roman & All;

SVN is updated with your suggested changes, and I have added some
comments in the tex files for items that are still outstanding.

>>> - I'm wondering whether we can say in 4.3.3 that the request with
>>> more data triggers includes logical independent sub-requests
>>

>> The concept of chaining is also something that Martin and I have
>> struggled to find a proper location.  Chaining is explained in
>> sections 5 and 6 of the above NM-WG document currently.  I think the
>> basics should remain in NM-WG since the concept of the chain is
>> essential to the definition of data and metadata.  We may be able to
>> reference the basic concept though to motivate some of the more unique
>> cases.
>
> Agree. Main description in NM-WG doc and only the reference to it in
> NMC-WG doc (with some additional information related with NMC).
> This way we'll keep consistency. Now I see two names for the same thing:
> operation chaining (NM-WG doc) and filter chaining (NMC-WG doc).

There may be some consistency problems since these were written at
different times.

Martin: what name where we going to stick with?  I can make the changes
to either document when we decide.

-jason