[Nmc-wg] Base doc

Candido Rodriguez Montes candido.rodriguez at rediris.es
Wed Jan 13 06:06:36 CST 2010

Hi Jason,

On Jan 12, 2010, at 2:01 AM, Jason Zurawski wrote:

> Hi Roman;
>
> Thanks for the feedback, comments inline:
>

>> some first comments/observations:
>>
>> - I think the structure of namespace could be explained
>

> The original thinking was the NM-WG document, "An Extensible Schema
> for
> Network Measurement and Performance Data", would contain the entire
> explanation of namespaces (the idea itself coming from another OGF
> WG).
>    Any future documents from related projects (NMC, NML, others?)
> would
> reference this and only note caveats to the original rule.  The NM-WG
> doc is here:
>
> https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc15649?nav=1
>
> And I think namespaces are in section 4.  Does everyone think this is
> sufficient, or should we consider other options?

The explanation of namespaces is clear to me.
But I have a comment about EventTypes. In 3.1 and in 7.1 I understand
that the EventyType in a metadata MUST appear only one time. But in
the last example in 5.4 is showing two event types and it says that
those "MAY NOT appear". I think it should say "MUST NOT appear" unless
there are cases where it makes sense to allow two or more event types.
Also, the section 5 was a little confuse to me. I see that metadata
can be merged but I don't get how they should be merged. I read it
again and I'll send comments and ideas about this.

Regards

Cándido Rodríguez Montes		E-mail: candido.rodriguez at rediris.es
Middleware warrior				Tel:+34 955 05 66 13
Red.ES/RedIRIS
Edificio CICA
Avenida Reina Mercedes, s/n
41012 Sevilla