[nm-wg] Infrastructure area meeting

Cees de Laat delaat at science.uva.nl
Wed Jun 22 16:59:22 CDT 2005

Dear *,

As you all most probably know the area's are going to be restructured
and the new area's will become effective at GGF 14.

In the GFSG dance around which AD(s) takes/gets what area in the new
structure I was extremely pleased to get the Infrastructure area,
given that my professional interests are in Optical/photonic
networking, service/control planes and make that underware a first
class fit for the grid.

You may be unaware but I have subscribed to your mailing lists in
februari and have tried to follow what is going on (on some I was
already subscribed).

So I would like to have an area meeting which is scheduled for
wednesday june 29th 18h00-19h30. In that meeting we can discuss:
- note taker(s)
- agenda bashing
- current status of the different groups
    - current docs in production
    - scope of the area
- what is missing in the area, where do we need more or less activity
- how do we effectively work together in the future (I hate to impose
useless phonecalls to your agenda's)

The groups in this area are:
ipv6-wg, nm-wg, datatransport-rg, ghpn-wg, nma-rg .
I know that some groups may be dormant, or not meeting anymore, etc.
I also want to remark that there are 2 BOF's running but not yet
converged to being chartered: Sensor grids and grid-VPN although we
actually may be close to finalizing that.

Regarding the AD(s):
I am currently the only AD for this area in the standards section. My
term is ending in october. I was on the GFSG for a little over 3.5
years by then. The NOMCOM is currently in the process of getting
these two positions (re)filled. If the NOMCOM chooses so I may be
serving again after October, I am currently a nominee.

Best regards,
Cees.
--
http://www.science.uva.nl/~delaat/