[LSG-RG] [LSG-RG @ OGF] February 2008 Proteomics Meeting

Richard Sinnott r.sinnott at nesc.gla.ac.uk
Mon Oct 29 08:41:37 CDT 2007

I know lots of people involved in high throughput proteomics, indeed
Glasgow University has recently had a major centre funded specifically
in this area. See http://www.gla.ac.uk/rasor/

My point is that having a talk from these people will not help OGF/OGSA
directly for the reasons I identify below. LSG-RG has to start asking
questions of the WG's and OGSA efforts in concrete/measurable terms that
someone in OGSA-BES, JSDL, DAIS, authZ etc etc can understand.

Does the DAIS spec allow me to manage mass spec data? Does it provide
the security hooks I need? Does JSDL, OGSA-BES provide sufficient
support for me to process my mass spec data on a range of HPC clusters?
If not, why not... etc etc

Otherwise we end up with the LSG-RG having no impact whatsoever on the
rest of the OGF/OGSA efforts - which is ~the case right now. (I struggle
to see any concrete examples that LSG-RG has thrown at the other groups
to enhance the OGSA standards - other than the SAML authZ api and lack
of parameters which we identified a couple of years ago in BRIDGES).

R.