[loa-bof] LoA-RG Draft Charter - Inviting for Comments

Blair Dillaway blaird at microsoft.com
Thu Apr 5 12:55:47 CDT 2007

This looks pretty good overall. I just have a few suggestions.

1. Remove 'access control' from the last sentence of the first paragraph. Access control is typically used as a general term encompassing authN, authZ, and auditing. So listing it as a peer of these concepts is strange.

2. In Section 2, you need to add expected milestone dates for the proposed deliverables that align with the information on the OGF living charter form.  These are 'First Draft'. 'Public Comment', and 'Publication'.

3. In the first paragraph under "Scope of the Group", it says "indirect transmission of assertions (through services or delegation)".  This is the first time the term 'assertion' is used. I suggest you relate it back to the concepts in the summary material. Perhaps use wording such as "authentication assertion" or "authentication security token".  Also, "services" and "delegation" aren't comparable terms. Perhaps use "through services or user proxies".

Regards,
Blair