[jsdl-wg] OGF JSDL telephone conference on Wednesday 19 October 2011 at 14h00 UTC - Agenda

Wieder, Philipp philipp.wieder at gwdg.de
Wed Oct 19 08:25:40 CDT 2011

Dear All,

Am 19.10.11 15:13 schrieb "Etienne URBAH" unter <urbah at lal.in2p3.fr>:

>Michael,
>
>Concerning OGF JSDL telephone conference on Wednesday 19 October 2011 at
>14h00 UTC :
>
>-  WHO told you that organizing an INTERNATIONAL conference call using a
>PROPRIETARY American telephone number would not pose any issues ?
>    In fact, due to the short notice, this forces most NON-American
>stakeholders to pay for the call using their own credit card !
I think that having a list of international numbers in the future is
something we need, but I do not see a general problem for today. I for
example can just use my land line at work.

>-  Besides, please provide urgently the AGENDA.
>    Without a sound agenda, I will NOT even try to connect.
We have a number of changes, including leadership, to face and we need to
bring JSDL up to speed again. Therefore the main (and from my viewpoint)
only agenda item is to discuss the how to proceed with JSDL. This includes:
- Proper scope definition (which is also valid for communication outside
JSDL)
- Definition of clear goals for the next months
- Leadership
- Review of Lyon

Any other items are highly welcome, but can also be added during the call.

Best regards, Philipp.