[jsdl-wg] [OGSA-BES-WG] Parameter Sweep and BES Factory

Michel Drescher Michel.Drescher at uk.fujitsu.com
Tue Jul 22 15:41:26 CDT 2008

Hi all,

I am delighted to see the Parameter Sweep extension getting grounded
and connected with other Standards and Profiles.

To drop my quick thoughts n this - and I know Steve will wince on this
one - but a combining Parameter Sweep with the current BES interface
is a perfect use case for WSRF ServiceGroup - in a WSRF rendering of
BES: Instead of returning thousands of EPRs to all individual jobs of
the sweep, the BES container that understands and accepts Parameter
Sweeps may return the EPR to the ServiceGroup.

Maybe the *concepts* (and not necessarily the WSRF rendering) of
ServiceGroup might be of some use here ...

Cheers,
Michel