[jsdl-wg] Parameter Sweep and BES Factory

Piotr Domagalski piotr.domagalski at man.poznan.pl
Tue Jul 22 12:32:07 CDT 2008

Hi!

I'm just wondering -- is there any agreed view on how Parameter Sweep
Extension should interact with BES Factory job submission? My main
concern is whether the submission should return an activity that hides
all those individual tasks that the parameter sweep produced (say,
1000 jobs from one JSDL...) or should it be possible to somehow treat
them individually?

The problem with the former is that it would only be possible to get a
some kind of heuristic view of the state of the activity (say, the
activity is in running state if at least one of the individual tasks
has moved to this state).

The problem with the later is, in my understanding, the fact that the
CreateActivity yields one and only one ActivityIdentifier.

--
Piotr Domagalski