[jsdl-wg] JSDL Teleconference - 20 February 2008 @1pm UTC

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Wed Feb 20 10:20:29 CST 2008

Steven Newhouse wrote:
> Sorry I missed the call and could not comment before hand.
>
> How does this relate to the way JSDL is used in the HPC Profile
> group? This seems to be a totally new branch of activity (from the
> slides) which does not seem to relate to our use... is that correct?

I think one of the open issues is how this correlates with the things
that the HPC Profile folks are doing. Right now, my best guess is that
if an EPR for an Activity created by a BES actually indicates an
addressable resource/service, then the Instance Schema is what we're
thinking of for a description of the properties (or maybe one property)
supported by that Activity resource/service/thingamajig.

I don't recall currently whether the HPCBP says anything on the topic.
If you're saying/doing something here, then convergence would obviously
be an important goal.

Donal.