[jsdl-wg] Wildcards in data staging elements

Bernd Schuller b.schuller at fz-juelich.de
Wed Nov 14 06:03:08 CST 2007

Hi,

thanks for your replies!

Alexander Papaspyrou wrote:

> IMHO this is more or less a convenience feature: instead of writing a
> staging element for each of "outfile1.dat" to "outfile100.dat" by
> hand, there should be an easier way to do it. But this is something
> that should be handled by the UI used for submission, and (stab me if
> I'm wrong) as such out of the scope of JSDL.

A UI can't handle runtime resolution, for example. Say, your
application produces an unknown number of image files "*.png" and you
want all of them staged out.
So it's not convenience alone. As a good functional example for filesets/wildcards,
I'd again quote Apache Ant.

Best regards,
Bernd.

Dr. Bernd Schuller                     |  mail:  b.schuller at fz-juelich.de
                                        |  phone: +49 2461 61-8736 (fax: -6656)
Distributed Systems and Grid Computing |  personal blog:
Juelich Supercomputing Centre          |  http://www.jroller.com/page/gridhaus
http://www.fz-juelich.de/jsc           |

Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
52425 Jülich

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Jülich
Vorsitzende des Aufsichtsrats: MinDirig'in Bärbel Brumme-Bothe
Geschäftsführung: Prof. Dr. Achim Bachem (Vorsitzender), Dr. Ulrich Krafft (stellv.
Vorsitzender)