[jsdl-wg] JSDL: Retiring Chair

Ali Anjomshoaa ali at epcc.ed.ac.uk
Tue Sep 12 05:32:07 CDT 2006

Dear all,

I am retiring as a co-chair of the JSDL-WG. It's been four years since
Steve, Darren and I started the JSDL efforts, and with all of the support
and hard work of the group produced v1.0 of the spec, released last
November 2005.

I feel that the time is now right for me to retire in favour of a new
co-chair, who has been and is closer to the action than I have recently
been.

With that, I would like to nominate our editor, Andreas Savva, to take
over from me as a group co-chair. Andreas has been an active member and
the editor of the JSDL spec since the beginning. He has also been the OGSA
liaison for JSDL and a very active member of that group and its efforts. I
believe that given his commitment and his insight of JSDL and related work
within OGF and elsewhere, he is the natural choice to take over as
co-chair to drive the work of the group forward.

I know that Andreas' nomination has the support of a good number of you
already. However, the correct process would be to open the floor for any
other nominations for a co-chair.

If you have any objections to Andreas taking over as co-chair, or if you
have another person in mind who you would like to nominate, could I ask
you to make these known to Darren and Steve, either in private or in the
first JSDL session at GGF18. If you prefer to be more discrete, you could
approach one of the area directors: Stephen Pickles or Ramin Yahyapour. If
you prefer to be completely open, you should use this mailing list.

I will continue to remain an active member of the JSDL-WG and will
contribute to any other OGF work where possible.

Thanks for all your hard work and support in the JSDL efforts over that
last 4 years. I think we have a good deal more constructive work to do -
so let's keep it going.

Cheers and take care,

Ali

--

         Ali Anjomshoaa PhD
         Mayfield Road                   E-mail: ali at epcc.ed.ac.uk
         Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ              Phone:  + 44 (0) 131 651 3479
         United Kingdom                  Fax:    + 44 (0) 131 650 6555