[jsdl-wg] [Fwd: BOUNCE jsdl-wg at ggf.org: Non-member submission from [Ivan Rodero <irodero at ac.upc.edu>]]

A S McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Wed Jun 21 05:34:00 CDT 2006

Ivan wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am sorry for no attending the last teleconf, it was the review of an
> european project and I was pretty full.

No worries.
> In fact I have some doubts regarding the JSDL extension for parallel
> jobs discussed in the last GGF17. I imagine the MPIApplication is the
> current proposal for this extension. I suppose the group is looking for
> specific solutions instead of very general parallel applications.

Things have moved on a little from this the current proposal is to call
it SPMDApplication. I sent out some psudo schema the other day on this
let me know if you haven't seen it. It would be good for you to look
through this before the telecon.
> Today I will be able to attend the teleconf and I propose some
> discussion about how to fit requirements to the MPIApplication, maybe
> this extension is very closed to the required part for general parallel
> applications but some other specification could be optional. Maybe an
> addicional extension just for to MPI+OpenMP applications in which the
> MPI part would be the MPIApplication extension could be possible?

We had some discussion on how MPI+OpenMP jobs could be handled - can't
remember exactly what we decided - could someone remind me either on the
call or before it?
> Just one thing more, is planned to discuss the definitive Parallel Job
> Extension in next GGF18 in Washington?

Hopefully we will be able to present a "more final" parallel job
extension at the next GGF.

steve..