processor types (was Re: [jsdl-wg] Questions and potential changes to JSDL, as seen from HPC Profile point-of-view)

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Sun Jun 11 23:54:36 CDT 2006

The processor type values were *not* taken from CIM. (We looked at CIM
but decided it was not appropriate in this case.) The values are "based
on the Instruction Set Architecture (ISA) names of a small number of
common processor architectures." (p10 of the spec.)

You can make the  statement for "any x86" with the defined values.

--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd