[ogsa-bes-wg] RE: [jsdl-wg] Questions and potential changes to JSDL, as seen from HPC Profile point-of-view

Marvin Theimer theimer at microsoft.com
Sat Jun 10 17:58:01 CDT 2006

Hi;

One of the advantages of trying to leverage CIM is that there is already
lots of support and tooling out there for it, so generating CIM-based
solutions may be pragmatically desirable.

Regarding data staging, my argument for making it an extension is that
there are lots of systems where explicit data staging is unnecessary and
hence that's why it's not in the HPC base use case.  Anyone who needs to
deal with data staging -- whether as part of a job, part of a larger
workflow, or part of a data staging service -- will need to employ the
data staging extension to JSDL and the HPC profile.

Regarding the question of who "owns" which part of the problem space
within GGF, that's something I really want to stay away from.  As
co-chair of the HPC profile working group, with a mandate to get things
done by the end-of-summer, I need to arrive at concrete specifications
irrespective of by whom or how they are generated.  I'm happy to work
with anyone and I'm more than happy to share credit with everyone. :-)

Marvin.