[jsdl-wg] Future plans for JSDL

A S McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Thu Feb 16 06:02:37 CST 2006

All,

We had a session here at GGF16 where we brain stormed some ideas for
where JSDL should go next. This also included some material which had
come up from the last OGSA f2f meeting. Attached are the edited slides
from this session which lists some of the areas where people think that
JSDL should look into.

The things that need doing now include:

1) Request from the list for items that were missed out from the session.
2) Classify these items as:
    a) Out of Scope (TM)  b) Extensions for JSDL 1.0  c) New
functionality for JSDL 2.0 d) Separate to JSDL versions (eg items for a
primer document)
3) Prioritise the items. From the session parallel jobs seemed to be the
thing most people wanted next.

steve..

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm
Technical Coordinator, London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8409                        fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024