[jsdl-wg] JSDL adoption

A S McGough asm at doc.ic.ac.uk
Fri Sep 16 07:22:30 CDT 2005

Hi Ralf,

This looks really intresting. We only have two sessions at GGF15 for
JSDL (one of 45 mins and one of 90). We haven't finalised the agenda for
these but we should try to get some discussion of your work into this.
Unfortunatly we won't be able to give you a huge ammount of time (or not
as much as I'd like at least).

steve..

Ratering, Ralf wrote:

>Hi Andreas,
>
>here at Intel, we are using the latest JSDL specs in our Grid
>Programming Environment (GPE). In particular we have added JSDL
>front-ends to the Globus Toolkit 4 and UNICORE and will soon
>implement it for the China Grid Support Package (CGSP).
>
>see:
>https://sourceforge.net/projects/gpe4gtk/
>http://unicore.sourceforge.net/
>
>Besides the "standard" JSDL usage, our implementation invokes
>abstract application resources through the POSIX extensions and
>uses a custom workflow extension to submit BPEL workflows
>in the JSDL.
>
>If you want, I could give a small presentation about our
>JSDL usage in GPE at GGF15.
>
>Best regards and thanks for the great work on the
>specs to the team,
>Ralf
>
>Ralf Ratering
>Intel GmbH
>Software & Solutions Group
>Hermuelheimer Strasse 8a
>50321 Bruehl
>Germany
>Tel: +49 2232 209049
>Fax: +49 2232 209029

Dr A. Stephen McGough                       http://www.doc.ic.ac.uk/~asm
Technical Coordinator, London e-Science Centre, Imperial College London,
Department of Computing, 180 Queen's Gate, London SW7 2BZ, UK
tel: +44 (0)207-594-8409                        fax: +44 (0)207-581-8024