[jsdl-wg] Final call on JSDL 1.0

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Thu Oct 20 08:59:53 CDT 2005

Obviously as Steve said this whole thread is out of scope but there are
two statement that need replies/clarification:

> Actually, it *does* matter. By publishing Word doc versions of a
> draft that is downloadable on the GGF website, even passive readers/
> followers of a working group are forced to use Word.

If someone really wanted to read the spec and couldn't read the Word
file I am sure they would be motivated enough to ask. Noone has ever
asked me for a pdf version so I never bothered to convert and upload one
more file. I would be willing to do so if that's what participants
wanted. (Easy to say now since we are done with this doc. :-)

> First off, I had the impression that Andreas intended to publish the
> Word version.
> This was the initial trigger.

Andreas (or anyone else from this group for that matter) cannot
officially publish anything because Andreas is not the GGF Editor. AFAIK
the GGF Editor wants editable files (Word I think) submitted to the GGF
Editor tracker and what the GGF Editor wants the GGF Editor gets!

Andreas