[jsdl-wg] Question on file stage-in (fwd)

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 09:08:58 CDT 2005

Andrew Grimshaw wrote:
> Is there a way to do condition statements in JSDL, in other words the
> implementation that is "executing" the JSDL can choose which of several
> options?

We used to have such a mechanism (called Profiles) but we dropped it
because it didn't sit well with the space of things offered by
WS-Agreement and was rather too complex for us to want to describe
properly at the time. Such mechanisms are therefore outside the scope of
jsdl 1.0 (i.e. properly done through extensibility.)

Donal.