[jsdl-wg] One Last Batch of Technical Queries

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Fri Jun 3 05:22:28 CDT 2005

Hi everyone!

We (Ali, Darren, Andreas and myself) have almost finished the final
editoral actions to make the spec ready for public consumption, but a
few minor issues remain. (My opinions on each are in parentheses.)

Processor Architectures (Table 4-2 in 4.2.2.1)
    Should 'x86' really be called 'ia32'? (I don't really care.)

Resources Element Definition (5.4.1.1)
    Do we need to say anything about what it means to satisfy the whole
    set of elements? (I think we just need to say that the Resources
    element is satisfied when all of its contained resource requirements
    are satisfied.)

    Do we need to say anything about what happens when you have both
    Total and Individual elements? (I think not...)

Source and Target Element Pseudo-Schemas (5.5.6.5 and 5.5.8.5)
    Should the multiplicity of URI be "1" or "0-1"? Conceivably, people
    might want to stage to things expressed (using extensibility) as
    things other than URIs. (I'm inclined to say 0-1, but consistency
    between spec and schema is much more important.)

The plan is to have a full finished version of the spec (to be revision
20) by the end-of-business on Monday, so any responses to the above
points must be done *promptly*.

Donal.