[jsdl-wg] Tracker status values proposal

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Fri Apr 8 22:32:00 CDT 2005

Michel,

Gridforge status values "Open", "Pending" and "Closed" cannot be removed
from the Status value list. We have to live with them. I think it would
cause more confusion not to use them and try to define 'similar' ones
like New and Assigned instead.

I'm not sure if it makes any difference on the 'sensitivity' issue but
my plan is to also add a short 'glossary' of the meaning of the status
values at the top of the tracker page. See this tracker for an example:
https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/index.php?func=browse&group_id=42&atid=780

Also I can sympathize with the desire to add a 'Reject', but in practice
we have re-visited such issues (again and again) and I think 'Closed'
with an appropriate comment would be good enough. I might have mentioned
in the initial email that we could also do away with 'Deferred' since we
have a post-v1 tracker and the deferred issues could simply be moved
there instead.

Obviously fewer rather than more values are better as long as they
capture the stages we go through in resolving issues.

(And I had thought when I sent the initial proposal that I would get no
Andreas