[jsdl-wg] JSDL schema

Ariel Oleksiak ariel at man.poznan.pl
Mon Jan 31 05:43:15 CST 2005

Hi All,

First of all, thanks for answers to our doubts and for taking into acccount
our comments.

In the meantime, a few additional questions have arisen :-)

First, it would be nice to know when do you plan to put an updated version
of the schema to the webpage.
Other, more specific questions are as follows:
1. We noticed that the timeUnits type is not used in the CPUTime element. Is
it intended or this is an oversight?
2. The "minutes" unit is skipped in the timeUnits type. I know that it can
be easily transformed from other units but this is rather a common unit and
the only lacking one in this type.
3. What is the difference between job annotation and description in the job
identification element?
4. What is the difference between cputime in the limits and resource
elements? Does it define a limit that must be feasible at a given resource
(e.g. by a queue configuration) in the resource element, and an actual limit
set for a  job in the limits element?

Best regards & thanks,
Ariel