[jsdl-wg] DataStaging revision

Andreas Savva andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Jan 25 03:32:05 CST 2005

Hi,

I've done a revision of the DataStaging section (attached) and added
some simple examples. (The changes are relative to 0.6.) If this is the
sort of thing we are after I'll ask Darren to merge it in.

This revision relates to the following actions from last week's minutes:

> 1) Place an example in the Spec for directory delimiting
> CF: From point 2 in last weeks minutes
> (Andreas)

> 2. How would you suggest to specify a logical file name: using
> predefined syntax or using a special
> attribute in the FileName element? Can a whole directory be specified
> as well?
> Group> You can specify either one.
> (Action Item) We need to show an example of that in the spec. Only '/'
> can be used as a delimiter for
> directories and files in the filepath.

and

> 2) More exaples for File staging - we have some of these on GridForge,
> they need to be merged in.
> (Andreas, Steve)

And I also made this change. We can discuss it again today (for the 3rd
time) if necessary.

--
Andreas Savva
Fujitsu Laboratories Ltd