[jsdl-wg] Questions about JSDL schema

Donal K. Fellows donal.k.fellows at manchester.ac.uk
Mon Jan 10 04:54:28 CST 2005

Ariel Oleksiak wrote:
> Ok, but when do you plan to do this? Are you going to introduce any
> changes to the current version? If we want to use it we just need a
> version of the schema to refer to it (to say that our implementation is
> based on JSDL version x.x, date: ...).
> Next question is what is more up-to-date: XML schema or the specification?

They're going to be a single document in the end anyway. And I forget
which is more up to date. :^) Probably the schema, but please report any
discrepencies between the two.

> What if an input file differs from the output file (which is a very
> common use-case)? Then their FileName elements must be different so do
> you have to specify two DataStaging elements? What if in one of them
> both Source and Target are defined?

If you have two local files, you need to <DataStaging>s. If any one has
both <Source> and <Target>, it will be staged in and staged out.

> But MountPoint is a mandatory element. How to specify required disc
> space without knowledge about mount points on local systems?

IIRC, the mount point does not need to be associated with an explicit
location. (I hope someone else will try to answer this question!)

> We also noticed that some of elements (e.g. DataStaging) don't contain
> extensible elements (##other namespace). Is it an oversight or there is
> a reason for it?

Probably a mistake/oversight. :^)

Donal.