[GGF-ipv6-wg] How-to-IPv6-in-GT4 update to version 1.1

Peter KIRSTEIN P.Kirstein at cs.ucl.ac.uk
Mon Jan 31 23:09:59 CST 2005

In message <41FE6A30.EB2DE89E at cs.ucl.ac.uk>you write:
>Dear colleages,
>
>We have just moved one more step further in our IPv6 & GT4 testing. We
>have successfully demostrated pure IPv6 communication between GridFTP
>server and client (using globus-ucl-copy) in our dual-stack network
>environment. It also suggested that Globus_XIO's IPv6 driver works well.
>
>We have updated our online "How-to IPv6 in GT4" to be version 1.1 in
>order to include the above efforts.
>
>http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/sjiang/webpage/How-to-IPv6-in-GT4.htm
>
>Best regards,
>
>Sheng Jiang
>
>CS-UCL

Well done, Sheng.

Peter

>> With our solid work in GT4, we are now get IPv6 running in WSRF (GT4).
>> There are two bugs has been found and reported (Globus bugzilla 2573,
>> 2577). With our modified library (wsrf_core.jar), we successfully
>> started wsrf container with both literal IPv6 address and IPv6 binding
>> hostname. We run WS GRAM and obtained pure IPv6 communication between
>> the server and client. Please use the following URL to access the online
>> documentation.
>>
>> http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/sjiang/webpage/How-to-IPv6-in-GT4.htm
>>
>> We will go further to invistigate more GT4 components. However, we will
>> give the priority to Java implemented components.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Sheng JIANG
>>
>> Dept. of Computer Science
>> Univeristy College London
>
>--
>Sheng JIANG
>
>Dept. of Computer Science
>Univeristy College London
>
>-------

Peter

X*********************************************************************X
* Prof Peter Kirstein		    Telephone:  +44 20 7679 7286
* Department of Computer Science   Fax:        +44 20 7387 1397
* University College London        Telex:      28722
* Gower Street                     Internet:   kirstein at cs.ucl.ac.uk
* London
* WC1E 6BT
* U.K			URL    : http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/kirstein