[Ipg-discuss] Fwd: [EEF-members] federated identity system for scientific collaborations : workshop at CERN

Steven Newhouse steven.newhouse at egi.eu
Wed Feb 9 10:23:46 CST 2011

FYI

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Bob Jones <Robert.Jones at cern.ch>
Date: 4 February 2011 09:23
Subject: [EEF-members] federated identity system for scientific
collaborations : workshop at CERN
To: "members at einfrastructure-forum.eu" <members at einfrastructure-forum.eu>

Dear colleagues,

To follow-up on one of the subjects shown as being important for the
ESFRI projects, the physics Research Infrastructures have agreed to
organise a workshop on federated identity systems for scientific
collaborations. This will be help at CERN.

We are inviting the physics Research Infrastructures, representatives
from the other science domains (life sciences, environmental sciences,
social sciences and humanities) as well as the different technology
providers (eduGAIN, openID, etc.), the European e-infrastructures
(GEANT, DEISA/PRACE, EGI) and the equivalents from the USA, Asia and
Latin America.

The goal would be to explore the requirements for federated identity
management across the different disciplines, compare the
functionality, operational constraints and state of deployment of
current technologies, and formulate a roadmap for how we could
establish such a service in the future.

If you find the subject relevant and wish to attend then please add
your name to the doodle:

http://doodle.com/g8eswx96ngtfwtiq

Cheers, Bob.

Steven Newhouse