[INFOD-WG] Chapter 1 changes

Shankar, Mallikarjun shankarm at ornl.gov
Thu Mar 22 13:50:30 CDT 2007

Steve,
Your suggestion works for me.
-arjun

________________________________

	From: Dieter Gawlick [mailto:dieter.gawlick at oracle.com]
	Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2007 1:21 PM
	To: Fisher, SM (Steve)
	Cc: Shankar, Mallikarjun; infod-wg at ggf.org
	Subject: Re: [INFOD-WG] Chapter 1 changes

	Steve,

	This looks good to me.

	Dieter

	Fisher, SM (Steve) wrote:

			-----Original Message-----
			From: infod-wg-bounces at ogf.org
			[mailto:infod-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of
Shankar, Mallikarjun
			Sent: 22 March 2007 15:41
			To: infod-wg at ggf.org

			Here is a slightly edited and rearranged version
of the abstract.
			-arjun

		Arjun,

		I like this apart from the last sentence with the
horrible "leverage"
		word and the phrase "transport for interactions". How
about "INFOD
		components make use of this notify operation" as we
don't use it
		everywhere but only for notification.

		Steve

			Abstract

			INFOD (Information Dissemination) provides a
general means to
			determine which messages are to be sent from
which publishers
			to which consumers based upon information kept
in a registry.
			To support this, INFOD specifies interfaces that
allow the
			characterization (in the registry) of
publishers, consumers
			and various other components using vocabularies
that are
			meaningful to members of the communities they
belong to.

			INFOD also extends the publish/subscribe
paradigm by allowing
			consumers to be determined dynamically based on
the message
			content. Additionally, INFOD allows subscribers
to determine
			which messages should be created in response to
events.

			Notification-based interaction is common and
several recent
			specifications, including the the
WS-Notification family of
			specifications, address its operation. In
particular,
			WS-Notification offers a basic topic-based
publish/subscribe
			pattern complemented by a notify operation.
INFOD components
			leverage the same notify operation as a
transport for interactions.