[INFOD-WG] Chapter 1 changes

Ronny Fehling ronny.fehling at oracle.com
Sat Mar 10 12:32:42 CST 2007

hey,

I think people are indeed having a difficult time understanding the
concept and differences of entities and end-points.
I'm not sure, but I think we should perhaps lend the vocabulary from SOA.
We don't talk much about the client architecture (obviously since it's
not part of the spec) - but we could speak of them in terms of services.
Basically, we require a service architecture where the Registry is one
Service End-point and a set of external (client)-services. People should
be able to understand that notion.
Then whatever we decide to name the 'entities', we should refer to them
as internal registry objects. People seem to get confused about the word
entity as being the external service - when we speak in the base spec
about a consumer or publisher entity, people immediately think about the
external services as being those entities - which is wrong.
Perhaps we should include a simple graphic in our spec that would show
something like the following:

[external service point]     -  [infod Registry service point] - [Infod
Object/Entity]

I don't know if my wording makes sense - I would like to put this on the
agenda for next weeks call.

Ronny