[INFOD-WG] Property constraints example

Fisher, SM (Steve) S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk
Mon Jul 9 07:38:54 CDT 2007

Dieter,

I see our spec has finally been made public

Please see below ...

I think we should always have the EPRs to make things explicit otherwise
the registry has no way of finding the vocabulary as the EPR is the
*only* handle. We have already said that the names are not guaranteed to
be unique.

So in this case when we add the EPR of the property vocabulary we have
an explict dependency and there is no problem with handling the "disable
new" deletion of that vocabulary. The original question was how to
handle "disable new" on an instance of a property vocabulary. Do we have
such an example in the use case documet?

> Distance functions are well established for managing spatial
> data. If you like, I could add a note.

I think we said the queries were Xqueries/XPath - I presume there is a
way of defining functions unambiguously within their own name space. In
this case do you mean the great circle distance between 2 points defined
by latitude and longitude - and what are the units? Distance does mean
something in Xquery but it is nothing to do with geospatial distances!
We  don't want application specific intelligence in the registry
otherwise we lose portability.

Steve