[INFOD-WG] More questions on chapter 2

Ronny Fehling ronny.fehling at oracle.com
Tue Apr 3 09:16:54 CDT 2007

Steve,
My comments below.

-----Original Message-----
From: infod-wg-bounces at ogf.org [mailto:infod-wg-bounces at ogf.org] On Behalf Of Fisher, SM (Steve)
Sent: Tuesday, April 03, 2007 9:57 AM
To: infod-wg at ggf.org
Subject: [INFOD-WG] More questions on chapter 2

I am going through making the changes I can and asking questions where I
am not sure. Unfortunately I am finding more things to question rather
than just fix...

I see that CreatePublisherEntry can result in a UnknownResResourceFault
- I don't think this is possible as it does not reference any exiisting
Resources

-> I agree. I don't think that the CreateXXX should have that error message. I is meant to be for the drop and replace function.

I don't like the abbreviation Res for Resource - this appears in a
number of places

-> I agree. However, we had originally decided that because spelling out 'Resource' would be too long. Open for suggestions.

In many places there is mention of the infod:WSEntityReference this is
being used to refer to the EPR of something external to the registry. We
never agreed upon a name for this - I would suggest the name
infod:ServiceReference or infod:WSREference - where I prefer the former

-> I agree. We should find a consistent way to describe 'things' outside the registry and take the expression we decide on in chapter 1 to be the name we use. I think it's worth bringing this up on Thursday as part of a discussion around 'Services' or 'WebServices'. I briefly spoke to Dieter about this yesterday and although we mentioned at one point during the last years that we wanted to be independent of 'Web Services', I think the document almost mandates the use of it. However, I don't think that's necessarily bad. Perhaps it would be good to somehow mention it clearly in the first chapter that this version of infod is bound to the registry being exposed by web services, whereas future versions of the spec could eliminate that constraint eventually.

Ronny

Please comment on these 3 things

Steve