[infod-wg] Action action 134 - hiding implmentation specific details in in XML

Dieter Gawlick dieter.gawlick at oracle.com
Mon May 22 13:33:56 CDT 2006

XML already has a mechanism to hide implementation specifics.

fn.doc ('MyINFODRegsitry.xml') represents the collection of all elements
in */my /*INFOD registry.

To get the collection of publishers we need to specify:

fn.doc ('MyINFODRegsitry.xml')//wsinfod.publishers - this assumes that
wsinfod.publishers is the name of the vocabulary used to specify publishers.

Generally we would get the collection of instances related to a
vocabulary by specifying

fn.doc ('MyINFODRegsitry.xml')///vocabulary_name

/
I will update the use case document accordingly; unless advised
otherwise I will use the following name for the INFOD vocabulary:

    * Publishers: wsinfod.publishers
    * Consumers: wsinfod.consumers
    * Subscribers: wsinfod.subscribers
    * Subscriptions: wsinfod:subscriptions
    * Association: wsinfod.associations

I will look into the question of the substitution group by tomorrow.

Dieter