[infod-wg] WSA

Susan Malaika malaika at us.ibm.com
Fri Feb 17 10:55:43 CST 2006

I've updated the text. Please see if I've made it clearer. In summary,
invokers of services do not need to be services.
I'm using gridforge now for my contributions since some of the team can't
locate my work posted to the mailing list  :-)

Steve Fisher <S.M.Fisher at rl.ac.uk>
Sent by: owner-infod-wg at ggf.org
02/17/2006 11:13 AM

Susan Malaika/Santa Teresa/IBM at IBMUS
cc
infod-wg at ggf.org
Subject
[infod-wg] WSA

I see you have dumped some information in GridForge on WSA.

>From my reading it says: "Clients need to to have an implementation
that supports WS-Addressing when either (1) the service being invoked
is acessed via a WS-Addressing EndpointReference, ..."

As we plan for the registry to use EPRs this seems to imply that if we
use WSA then clients need to support WS-Addressing i.e. to be web
services. What has DAIS done about this?

I am wondering if we should use the tracker mechanism on grid forge to
deal with this kind of issue? I see that other groups use them
succesfully. See e.g.:

https://forge.gridforum.org/tracker/?aid=1377

Steve