[infod-wg] my open issues.

SHAILENDRA.MISHRA at ORACLE.COM SHAILENDRA.MISHRA at ORACLE.COM
Thu Oct 27 01:46:33 CDT 2005

Hi:

42     Remove body from the the message header section and add
       comments for every attribute

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra
       - Target: 20 Oct 2005

	Done.

43     Describe the two approaches:
        (1) Re-pacakaging a message at each hop in a new header
        (2) Removing the header and adding a new appropriate message
            header after transformation

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra
       - Target: 20 Oct 2005

Since the get data call returns just the body of the message. In my understanding we need another call: getMsgInfo, which will return an opaque message metadata back to the client.
The client can call getAttribute on this opaque data to get the
necessary info.
Similiarly the publish call needs to take this opaque data as an
Argument which can be populated through setAttribute call.
The getAttribute, setAttribute operate on a descriptor and one of the ways we populate them is as under:

SetAttribute(MsgDesc, MsgPropertyNm, MsgPropertyVal);
GetAttribute(MsgDesc, MsgPropertyNm, MsgPropertyVal);

44     Put mandatory properties together in the message structure

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra
       - Target: 20 Oct 2005

	Done.

45     Describe the behavior of DestinationEPRs and MessageIds in
       an INFOD system

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra
       - Target: 20 Oct 2005

	MessageIds are universaly unique ids and are created at the time
  of publish. Messages can be correlated using the correlation
  id. The uniqueness of MessageIds is very useful in P2P
  protocols and message recovery after instance failure.

46     Justify message structure and map to the patterns.

       This should resolve issue 2

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra and Vijay
       - Target: 31 Oct 2005

48     Define sequence number,operationalCharacteristics more clearly

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra
       - Target: 31 Oct 2005

	Sequence no is used to group messages based on message/selector
  attributes. The publish and getData api needs to enhanced
  substantialy to handle grouped messages.

	Here is an example: Consider a set of messages which need to be
        Grouped together:
        We call begin_group() which establishes the group context.
        Now call publish() once for each message in the group.
        Call end_group().
        The Api?s implicitly associate sequence no. for each message in
        the group.
        Now on the get side:
	Call get_first_group() which establishes the message group
  context. Call get first message using the group context. Now
  call get_next message until all messages in a group are
  exhausted.
  Now call get_next_group and so on.
  This allows a user to manipulate a group of messages.

49     Reconsider the manifest name and to give it a name that is
       consistent with its content

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra
       - Target: 31 Oct 2005

	Webster dictionary defines Manifest as ?To be the evidence off?,
	The content of the manifest reveals routing information of a
        message. To me the info looks appropriate.

50     Explain the need for incorporating information in the INFOD
       messages to deal with the integration of SOAP and asynchronous
       messaging

       - Date 3 Oct 2005
       - Owner: Shailendra and Vijay
       - Target: 31 Oct 2005

       I need to think about this one.

I will send the updated message vocabulary doc. tomorrow to the whole group. I am done updating that document. I would appreciate any comment on any of the above issues. - Shailendra