[infod-wg] action items 31, 43, 45, 48, 49, 51

Cecile Madsen madsen at us.ibm.com
Tue Nov 22 14:13:04 CST 2005

Hi everyone,

See resolutions below of few items Shailendra and I co-own.

I'll be making the actual updates for item 49 and locking the doc :) -
if not tomorrow, early next week.

All other items are either DONE, or need to be TRANSFERRED
 to the 'Advanced INFOD specs' doc, which hasn't been created yet.

This is for the purpose of closing the 'base infod specs' we're all
reviewing.

Have a nice thanksgiving,

Cecile

Review/Update items 31, 43, 45, 48, 49, 51:

- item 31:  TRANSFER to 'advanced infod specs' doc.

  Late binding refers to delaying the resolution of logical EPR
  to physical EPR. That operation has been moved to the advanced
  infod specs document.

  FYI: workaround for based infod specs is to support a list of
  physical EPRs. Similar to existing WSN support.

- item 43:  TRANSFER to 'advanced infod specs' doc.

   End-users who want to implement non-repudiation checks
   need to be able to access the manifest section of the message,
   at Consume time. So this is a consumer operation.

   Issues like authorization to view the manifest, maybe decoding/
   decrypting need to be considered. For now though, we give the
   raw message to the Consume operation, as described in 3.9.1
   of the specs (v12).

   So delay the delivery of these new operations to the 'advanced
   infod specs', which will also include the getData operation,
   so will address both getting (pulling) data and getting (pulling)
metadata.

- item 45: DONE - in v12 of specs.

  Done in v12 of the specs. ' Id'  is part of the properties section
  of the infod message header.

- item 48:  TRANSFER to 'advanced infod specs' doc.

  Something we need to spec as this is a differentiator from base
notifications,
  however doesn't belong in base infod specs (grouping messages' concept).
  So needs a place-holder to describe in the 'advanced INFOD specs'.

- item 49: OPEN. A few changes need to be made to correct the
  existing xml for the message structure.

  Changes consist of 'Manifest' will be changed to 'Trail' in 3.9.1,
   typo in message: 'body' should be actually 'trail' and finally trail
should
   be defined as an array.

- item 51: DONE - in v12 of specs.

  Done. In v12 of specs already.