[infod-wg] first set of updates for section 3 and appendix

Cecile Madsen madsen at us.ibm.com
Tue Dec 20 10:45:40 CST 2005

Hi everyone,

The doc below - not yet in gridforge - includes the minor editing
updates that were requested in a previous call, as follows:

- made Appendix 6.1 and section 3.9.1 in synch: infod message structure
  (now in pseudo-xml - the 2 sections were completely out of synch so
   if we need to get actual xml, we can do so once we finalize the
structure)
   Changes are based on Shailendra's updates

-  removed pause/resume publisher/consumer

- changed getMData to GetMetaData

- updated description of consume operation

- updates as per Stephen's review (typo user -> data in 3.6.1,
  and in 3.7.1, update of section 7.2)

It does *not* yet contain the main item that follows (working on it now):

- adding detailed pseudo-xml for create publisher operation -
   i just cut and paste the xml from the appendix for now - requires synch
   between that section and appendix

It also does *not* contain the following 2 items (to-dos's for Shailendra
and
Cecile as per earlier call):

- versioning explaination: what does it mean to add a version, etc.

- impact of de-registering an entity (all dependent subscriptions are
  removed, etc.)

 (See attached file: INFOD_Interfaces_draft[version12 with dec 8
updates].doc)

By tomorrow I'll have a first pass at adding the create publisher operation
xml details.

Thks,
Cecile

Cecile Madsen
Websphere II Replication,  DB2 II Replication,  DB2 DataPropagator
IBM Silicon Valley Lab
(408) 463 2578
madsen at us.ibm.com