[HASS-RG] Fwd: e-Science 2007 1st call for Posters and Research Demos

Tobias Blanke tobias.blanke at kcl.ac.uk
Tue Jun 19 03:40:58 CDT 2007

Hi Peter and all.

It looks like I will be there as well. Let's begin our discussion on
potential white papers, etc. we could turn into a presentation for the
e-Humanities workshop to make HASS-RG better known and loved in the
community. The deadline for submission is mid July.

Some advertisement:
I am in Edinburgh where we organize an A+H Theme on e-Science tools and
methodologies. We are running some lectures at the National e-Science
Centre. They can be watched and commented upon online. They are:
"
Monday 18th June: Methods and Technologies for Enabling Virtual Research
Communities
Tuesday 19th June: Ontologies and Semantic Interoperability for
Humanities Data
Wednesday 20th June: Collaborative Text Editing
Monday 2nd July: Grid Enabling Humanities Datasets
Friday 6th July: E-Science and Performance
Monday 23rd July: Aspects of Space and Time in Humanities e-Science

In all cases it will be possible to view the lecture on webcast, and  to
ask questions or contribute to the debate, in real time via the
arts-humanities.net blog feature. Please visit
http://wiki.esi.ac.uk/E-Science_in_the_Arts_and_Humanities, and follow
the 'Ask questions during the lecture' link for more information about
the blog, and the  'More details' link for more information about the
events themselves  and the webcasts.

The webcast will later be published online for download. The first
lecture of the Arts and Humanities e-Science Theme, 'A potential for
all: e-Science for the Arts and Humanities' was presented on April 30th
by Sheila Anderson (AHDS/AHeSSC) and David Robey (AHRC) can be
downloaded from
http://www.nesc.ac.uk/action/esi/contribution.cfm?Title=760.
"

Best,