[HASS-RG] Fwd: e-Science 2007 1st call for Posters and Research Demos

Peter Gietz peter.gietz at daasi.de
Mon Jun 11 06:16:50 CDT 2007

Hi Tobias,

yes I also think the IEEE event in Bangalore is a good place for hass-rg
to be active. I will most probably be there and am willing to contribute
to a paper.

Cheers,

Peter

Tobias Blanke wrote:
> Dear Hass-RG.
>
> Let's try and communicate via the hass-rg group e-mail.
>
> I think we had a very good workshop on Friday/Saturday in
> Urbana/Champaign. We will post the results to this list.
>
> I would like to do something as HASS-RG for the 3rd IEEE International
> Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing. The programme fits
> perfectly into some of the points we discussed in Manchester: Web2.0,
> SOAs and Humanities are foci! There will even be an e-Humanities
> workshop organized by Peter Wittenburg and Sheila Anderson. We had one
> last at the IEEE conference in Amsterdam, which was excellent.
>
> I would suggest to work on our white papers and transform them into
> submissions for IEEE.
> Somebody of us will surely go (I am negotiating. India is waiting for me :))
>
> All my best,
>
> Tobias
>

> ----- Forwarded message from d.katz at ieee.org -----
>    Date: Mon, 04 Jun 2007 09:36:22 +0700
>    From: "Daniel S. Katz" <d.katz at ieee.org>
> Subject: e-Science 2007 1st call for Posters and Research Demos
>
> Call For Posters and Research Demos
>
> The 3rd IEEE International Conference on e-Science and Grid Computing
> (Bangalore, India, 10-13 December 2007, http://www.escience2007.org/),
> intends to organize one session for the presentation of posters and a
> limited number of research demonstration, with each poster or demo
> focusing on an e-Science project that can be better communicated either
> as a poster or demo than as a paper. We invite submissions of both
> posters and research demonstrations.
>
> In either case, an extended abstract should be submitted for a limited
> peer review. Accepted abstracts will be posted on the e-Science 2007 web
> site.  There will be one poster session, where poster authors will be
> requested to remain near their posters for discussions with attendees.
> There will also be one demo sessions, held concurrently with the poster
> session, where the demos will be presented.
>
> Topics of interest concerning e-Science and Grid computing include, but
> not limited to, the following:
>
>    *    Enabling Technologies: Internet and Web Services
>    *    Collaborative Science Models and Techniques
>    *    Service-Oriented Grid Architectures
>    *    Problem Solving Environments
>    *    Application Development Environments
>    *    Programming Paradigms and Models
>    *    Resource Management and Scheduling
>    *    Grid Economy and Business Models
>    *    Autonomic, Real-Time and Self-Organising Grids
>    *    Virtual Instruments and Data Access Management
>    *    Sensor Networks and Environmental Observatories in e-Science
>    *    Security Challenges
>    *    e-Science & Grid applications in Physics, Biology, Astronomy,
>        Chemistry, Finance, Engineering, and the Humanities
>    *    Web 2.0 Technology and Services for e-Science
>
> **********
> Submission

> [...]

Peter Gietz (CEO)
DAASI International GmbH                   phone: +49 7071 2970336
Wilhelmstr. 106                            Fax:   +49 7071 295114
D-72074 Tübingen                           mail:  peter.gietz at daasi.de
Germany                                    Web:   www.daasi.de

DAASI International GmbH, Tübingen
Geschäftsführer Peter Gietz, Amtsgericht Stuttgart HRB 382175

Directory Applications for Advanced Security and Information Management